CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 11, 2009

Family- Forced friend... or just Foe?

i'm not the best friend maker, i don't pride my self in my many female friends. Most of my friendships have come along in a way that is convenient, my good friend Jamie is my husbands best friends wife, my hair dresser is one of my closest, my friend Janae who i've known since birth because of my dad. The one thing i have learned... Each one takes a certain amount of maintenance, some more than others. I would be there for them, i've grown to love them, and if they had a life changing event, i would hold their hand. so the question is when it comes to family...IS FAMILY A NAME YOU EARN AND MAINTAIN OR SOMETHING THAT IS SIMPLY FORCED,EXPECTED AND UNCONDITIONAL?

1 comments:

Nae said...

When I think about family or love in general, I can’t help but think of how much the One who loves me most doesn’t have any obligation to do so. Regardless of my bloodline or last name, he adopted me into HIS family. To me, family has more to do with the act of selflessness, acceptance, support, and love, than actual ‘family ties’. I can’t really answer the question you ask…only because I do believe that the word family may be unconditional, but that does not mean that it is without responsibility or boundaries. I know that God loves me unconditionally, but that doesn’t mean that he condones my behavior at all times. He would be the first to tell me that love comes with some hardships. Sometimes love is tough. Sometimes love means taking a break. Sometimes love means that we have to let it go, and allow for God to restore it in HIS time. All of this to say that love, or family, seems to me to be more of a choice than a feeling or obligation…to me.

I don't feel like that made any sense, sorry I rambled Al!